Federation of Greater Baton Rouge Civic Associations
The President appoints members to (and is a member of) all committees except the Nominating Committee.
1. The Communication Committee establishes policies to ensure that the General Membership is kept fully apprised of all Federation business. Committee members include the Secretary and Webmaster.
2. The Finance Committee (a) reviews annually the itemized account of all funds as prepared by the Treasurer and presents to the General Membership its report on that review no later than March of the following year; and (b) with the Treasurer prepares a budget for the upcoming year for presentation to the General Membership Meeting the following January.
3. The Membership Committee receives and reviews all applications for membership and reports to General Membership Meetings regarding its recommendations for action on those applications. This committee may also oversee programs for membership recruiting and retention.
4. The Governmental & Community Affairs Committee monitors pending governmental action and community matters affecting single-family homeowners in EBR Parish.
5. The Nominating Committee of three members is elected at the September General Membership Meeting. The committee presents to the October General Membership Meeting its nominees for Directors to be elected at the November General Membership Meeting.
6. Other committees may be authorized by the Board, or by the Federation through its General Membership Meetings.